From January 2019, the National Resource Centre for Civil Society in Albania started its activity. The Center will serve as a platform of information and service provision and will contribute to the strengthening of civil society’s capacities to be more effective, transparent, accountable and independent actors and to the creation of an enabling environment for the civil society, participatory democracy and the integration process of Albania into the European Union. National Resource Centre for Civil Society in Albania
The Centre main office is in Tirana and has two other regional offices in Shkodra (north Albania) and Vlora (south), to ensure wider territorial coverage of the country with its activities and services.
The main functions of the Centre are:
· Provision of information and services (help desk) for the sector and all stakeholders and interested partners for developments in the civil society sector;
· Networking for CSOs at local, national, regional level and beyond;
· Strengthening of the capacities of civil society in Albania through training, assistance, exchange, etc;
· Support for the improvement of governance of civil society organizations to be more effective, accountable and transparent, as well as for the improvement of the image, public and stakeholders’ trust on the sector;
· Improve the networking and advocacy skills and facilitate of advocacy and political dialogue processes, for a greater and more effective participation in policymaking, as well as in the policy implementation and monitoring at local and national level.
A special focus and attention of the Center’s services will be given to recently established CSOs and youth CSOs considering their important role and contribution in the future development of the country.