Obrenovac Youth Foundation developed Youth Funds program in 2019 in cooperation with Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation, Obrenovac municipality and Foundation Mozaik with the support of Balkan Trust. This program has a purpose to increase young people’s involvement in the process of local development through grant-giving for projects and ideas that young people establish and lead.
The call of the Youth Fund was opened from July 15th until July 29th. Find out more HERE.
Youth board chosen the project based on the established criteria, and then public voting was organized on the Lonac.pro website and informal groups were chosen to get grants for their ideas. During the fall and winter in the Obrenovac municipality, they conducted their programs.
The aim of the project “S naukom na ti” was to promote science in four elementary schools in Obrenovac municipality and students of the 30 classes in the 3rd and 4th grade had the opportunity to be in this program. On the Psychic and chemistry workshops, they have been showing interesting science experiments which draw children’s attention.
Young people in Konatica put the new outdoor furniture in the schoolyard of the village elementary school.
An informal group from the Skela village build up the football clubs dress rooms which are using dozens of kids and young people for different sports activities.
Followed activities were conducted additionally during this project:
- Arranging the schoolyard of Technical school in Obrenovac
- Scouting games In Obrenovac
- Summer classroom in Veliko Polje village
- Sports field in Stubline village was arranged
- Reconstruction of the Japanese house in Dudovi neighbourhood
- Arranged vacationland in Barič village
- New outdoor furniture in Orašac village
- Arranged schoolyard in Draževac village